I have been wanting to do this ride for many years and finally talked to a friend about it and signed up with an absolutely amazing group on Team Hot Wheels ALC! A few weeks later we were notified that it would be cancelled due to the pandemic. A few weeks later AIDS/LifeCycle announced this new exciting program to help raise the funds and make it exciting for the riders.
To Ride 1.2 million miles and raise crucial funds.
TogetheRide is a community-wide cycling challenge that is bringing people together, even when we’re physically apart. Thousands of people are banding together to join TogetheRide and take on the audacious goal of logging a cumulative 1.2 million miles by June 30, 2021. Along the journey, we are raising critical funds to support the work of the Los Angeles LGBT Center and San Francisco AIDS Foundation and create awareness about the ongoing HIV/AIDS epidemic.
Why 1.2 Million miles?
To honor the 1.2 million people in the US living with HIV. Together we are ensuring that all people have access to testing, care, and prevention services.
The services provided as a result of my fundraising efforts mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me.
To put it in real terms, this is what your donation can do...
- $2,500 helps 4 HIV+ people receive safe and stable housing for one month.
- $1,000 provides 2 educational forums for 150 HIV+ attendees to learn how to live longer.
- $500 helps 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescriptions.
- $250 purchases Rapid HIV Antibody tests for 10 people.
- $175 provides case management for 15 HIV+ clients who are homeless or at-risk to be.
- $150 secures 1,000 clean needles to prevent the spread of HIV among IV drug users.
- $100 covers travel for an advocacy coordinator to attend the appointments of 25 clients.
- $50 buys 715 condoms for distribution and prevention of the spread of HIV.
- $25 supports a benefits counselor to assist 1 person in navigating the private and public systems, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, SSDI, and Social Security.
My goal is to raise $5000 along with riding 5000 miles which is an average of 135 miles a week from now until June 30, 2021! Any and all donations are appreciated. I know times are tough for a lot of people right now so thank you and I appreciate you!
Mel Landuyt - Rider 5034
Los Angeles LGBT Center Tax ID: #95-3567895
email@example.com / (714) 376-3772