AIDS Lifecycle 2022 – IT’S ON!
I am beyond elated that AIDS Lifecycle 2022 is happening. It is a huge part of my life and a large part of many others lives. We have coped with the void left by the cancellation of it for the last two years.. and we are READY TO DO THIS THING!!!
While the ride didn’t happen in 2020 and 2021, you know me. A global pandemic wasn’t going to slow me down. I trained harder than I ever have, logged more miles per year than ever, and had two of my best fundraising years. With the funds raised from last year, we are over $72,000 in money raised to help our fight to end HIV / AIDS.
I am proud to be registered to ride in ALC 2022. Instead of some route I dream up, I am stoked to do the 545 mile route from SF to LA. I’m also looking forward to experiencing the Love Bubble throughout the year as we all work towards getting ready for the ride.
Now the important part. MORE THAN EVER BEFORE, THE SFAF NEEDS OUR HELP. I purposefully shouted that as the foundation is in dire needs of funds. The last two years of very low donations has hit hard. Services were still continued during that time and lives were still saved. However, without a successful year in 2022, the continuity of those services is questionable.
So I am asking you to donate. Any amount will help. Like every year, I have set my fundraising goal at $10,000. It may be hard to donate, but as you do it, think of the huge difference you are making in someone’s life. YOU WILL SAVE A LIFE!
Thanks for making a difference. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask me.
So what is your money spent on?
• $2,500 helps 4 HIV+ people receive safe and stable housing for one month.
• $1,000 provides 2 educational forums for 150 HIV+ attendees to learn how to live longer.
• $500 helps 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescriptions.
• $500 will provide HIV prevention counseling to 60 teens
• $250 purchases Rapid HIV Antibody tests for 10 people.
• $175 provides case management for 15 HIV+ clients who are homeless
• $150 secures 1,000 clean needles to prevent the spread of HIV among IV drug users.
• $100 covers travel for a coordinator to attend the appointments of 25 clients.
• $50 buys 715 condoms for distribution and prevention of the spread of HIV.
• $25 supports a benefits counselor to assist 1 person in navigating the private and public systems, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, SSDI, and Social Security
Thank you for helping make a difference. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask me!