June 5 - 11, 2022, AIDS/LifeCycle is back on the road! Over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies, and @Home Heroes will be participating in this 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise awareness and funds so that people living with HIV/AIDS may get the treatment they need, regardless of their ability to pay.
I started participating in ALC in 2014. So, why do I keep coming back each year?
• I'm here for the approximately 36 million people who have died since the first AIDS cases were reported in 1981.
• I'm here for the estimated 35.3 million people currently living with HIV/AIDS, including 2.1 million adolescents (10-19 years of age).
• I'm here because as many as 1 in 6 individuals infected with HIV are unaware of their infection.
• I'm here because 1 in 3 new infections are in young people, ages 13 - 24 who desperately need to be educated about the risk factors for contracting this deadly disease.
• I'm here to honor the hundreds of wonderful people I've met since 2014 who give their time, determination, and energy to this great cause every year. They inspire me to be of service to others.
The services provided as a result of AIDS/LifeCycle mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me. Will you support me by making a donation today? We’re working together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past.
Love & Gratitude,