Will you support me in the fight to end HIV/AIDS?
The ride was postponed for the past two years because of the pandemic, but in June of 2022, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will participate in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center.
After the past two years of pandemic-related shut downs, I'm looking forward to getting back on my bike and re-joining my Trudging Buddies teammates. This year I have set a fundraising target of $25,000... WILL YOU HELP ME REACH MY GOAL?
Please see below for examples of what contributions at various levels will enable:
- $50 allows for the purchase and distribution of 550 condoms
- $100 enables prevention counseling for 12 clients
- $250 covers the cost of 20 rapid HIV and antibody tests
- $500 purchases a full year of medical supplies for 20 patients
- $1,000 provides substance abuse counseling services for 25 clients
- $5,000 covers the full suite of testing, counseling, initial treatment and services for 33 newly-diagnosed HIV+ clients
- $10,000 pays 1 month of housing for 16 homeless HIV+ people
It is especially important that community organizations such as the SF AIDS Foundation and the LA LGBT Center have the funding necessary to perform their life-saving work. Though valiant efforts were made to raise funds during the pandemic, this event - which typically raises over $15 million dollars - left a huge hole in SFAF and LALGBT Center funding. I am hoping that my community of family, friends and colleagues will continue to dig deep to support me and this cause that affects me so personally.
The services provided as a result of this event mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me. We’re working together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past. Will you support me by making a donation today?