MY NAME IS JEFFREY HUANG, AND I'M ROADIE-ING TO END AIDS.
From June 5-11, 2022, for the 10th year in a row, I'll be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle - a 7-day, 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles. The funds I raise go to the SAN FRANCISCO AIDS FOUNDATION and LOS ANGELES LGBT CENTER to support their mission to end the HIV epidemic in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and eventually everywhere through education, advocacy, and direct services for HIV prevention and care.
I rode in my first AIDS/LifeCycle in 2013 and got right back in the saddle and rode again in 2014. In 2015, I founded Team ALCaholics, a team of cyclists and roadies that have since raised nearly $2 million for AIDS/LifeCycle! I'm more excited than ever to participate for the tenth year AIDS/LifeCycle (and my first year as a roadie!) as we make our journey down the coast of beautiful, sunny California. Whether you're new to cycling or a gran fondo pro, feel free to talk to me about becoming a part of AIDS/LifeCycle - I guarantee it will change your life.
One of the questions I am most frequently asked is, "Why did you decide to sign up for AIDS/LifeCycle?"
ANSWER: I have friends who are HIV positive, and I have friends who have friends who are HIV positive. I know people who have lost the battle in the HIV/AIDS epidemic, and I know people who are still fighting. The San Francisco AIDS Foundation and Los Angeles LGBT Center save lives through their work in prevention and care, and by raising funds and riding or roadie-ing I save lives too.
If you know someone whose life has been affected by HIV/AIDS, please donate what you can to put an end to this epidemic. No gift is too small. You can even set up a monthly payment plan!
What your donation does:
* $10,000 helps provide counseling services for more than 250 clients.
* $5,000 helps keep the HIV testing RV rolling for one year.
* $2,500 helps four HIV-positive people receive stable housing for one month.
* $1,000 helps provide two Community Education Forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV.
* $250 helps provide ten rapid HIV antibody tests at a testing site.
* $175 helps provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless.
* $150 helps provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Services.
* $100 helps provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, provide moral support, and help clients advocate for themselves.
* $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private and public benefirst systems.
* $10 helps provide 143 condoms to the SFAF and LA LGBT Center's service sites.
Every dollar counts!
To find out more about Team ALCaholics, visit our team page here: http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/ALCaholics2022
To find out more about AIDS/LifeCycle, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0At3RO5ixw
To find out more about the San Francisco AIDS Foundation or the Los Angeles LGBT Center, check out their websites here: http://www.sfaf.org & http://www.lalgbtcenter.org
To learn more about HIV/AIDS, check out the CDC's HIV statistics here: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/basics/ataglance.html There are still 50K new infections in the US every year!