Many years ago I had to utilize the services that the SF Aids foundation provides. I am forever grateful for that and feel like now more than ever, I need to give back. This will be my tenth year participating with the ride. I have been a rider and a roadie over the years. I will be riding again this year!
Between work and school I started volunteering for the Foundation The experience has opened my eyes and really changed my perspective. The Foundation does amazing work with the community and I want to help ensure that those services continue to be provided.
The Lifecycle ride is a 7 day, 545 mile ride from SF to LA that benefits the San Francisco Aids foundation. The SF Aids Foundation provides services like education and prevention, housing and substance abuse and mental health.
What your donation does:
• $10,000 helps provide counseling services for more than 250 clients.
• $5,000 helps keep the HIV testing RV rolling for one year.
• $2,500 helps four HIV-positive people receive stable housing for one month.
• $1,000 helps provide two Community Education Forums where 150 individuals can learn more about HIV.
• $250 helps provide ten rapid HIV antibody tests at a testing site.
• $175 helps provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless.
• $150 helps provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Services.
• $100 helps provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, provide moral support, and help clients advocate for themselves.
• $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems.
• $10 helps provide 143 condoms to the SFAF and LA LGBT Center's service sites.
Every dollar counts! Thanks for being a hero!