Once again, for the 24th time, I'm preparing for my annual ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles. Don't you have any other hobbies, you might ask?! Anything else you could do with your weekends and evenings?! In fact, I do.... and so this year is going to be a HUGE challenge to get the training and fundraising done. Can you help me?
The AIDS Lifecycle is a 545 mile, 7-day bicycle ride to raise community awareness and funds for services provided to our friends and neighbors living with HIV and AIDS. We ride to support the work of the SF AIDS Foundation and LA Gay and Lesbian Center.
In spite of increasing challenges, the SF AIDS Foundation continues to have the following goals:
1) reduce new HIV infections
2) ensure that all San Franciscans know their HIV status
3) ensure that all HIV+ San Franciscans receive proper care
My goals include scrambling to get some balance back into my life in the form of time on the bike in preparation for this ride, meanwhile helping to raise record amounts in annual fundraising..... that's where you come in : ) Thanks for considering helping out in any of the following ways:
* $1,000 can help provide two Stop AIDS Community Education Forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV and how to live better and longer with HIV.
* $500 can help 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescription drug assistance.
* $250 can help provide ten Rapid HIV Antibody test to test ten people at Magnet, Stop AIDS, or other SFAF sites.
* $175 can help provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless or at-risk for homelessness.
* $150 can help provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Service.
* $100 can help provide the travel cost for a Stop AIDS Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, providing moral support and to help clients advocate for themselves.
* $25 can help a Financial Benefits counselor to assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, short-term disability, and Social Security.
* $10 can help provide 143 condoms that the Stop AIDS Project will distribute.
Your dollars can help us to achieve those goals! Whether to my annual fundraising efforts, or to your own passionate causes: get involved, give early, give often and give more that you think you can.
Thank you so much for your support.
CAR 4-8, BNY 4, ALC 1-19 (and counting)