Dear Friends and Friends of Friends,
From June 2nd to June 8th 2019. I'm bicycling in AIDS/LifeCycl. As many may or may not know this is a 7-day, 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to make a world of difference in the lives of people living with HIV and AIDS
Holy Crap, this is my 12th ride! Thats 6000+ miles, not included are ALL the miles that it takes to train! This is my tenth time riding with the last two years as a Roadie! (Roadies Rock) Truth is I belong on the bike, this is where I am the most satisfied. As roadie I fundraised without a required amount to raise but to be a cycalist it takes at least $3000.00 But considering this is my 12 time riding I feel like $10K is a must. So please I can not continue to do this without your wonderful support. I promise to train, I will put up with the physical demand that this journey requires. I promise to represent all of us who want to make a difference. Keep in mind, Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking. -William B. Sprague Please make your donation today, keep me motivated knowing that you are with me in thought. Let's make a difference together a mile at a time, a dollar at a time. No donation is too small and it all adds up! Help me support AIDS/LifeCycle by giving what you can. We'll keep riding until AIDS and HIV are a thing of the past.
According to the CDC:
- In 2016, 39,782 people received an HIV diagnosis.
- At the end of 2015, 1.1 million people in the United States were currently living with HIV. Of those people, about 15%, or 1 in 7, did not know they were infected.
- In 2016, gay and bisexual men accounted for 67% of all HIV diagnoses.
- 74% of people diagnosed with HIV in 2016 were people of color.
- Young gay and bisexual men accounted for 84% of all new HIV diagnoses in people aged 13-24 in 2015.
What $5,000 can do
I am going to raise $5,000 for the direct services offered by the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LBGT Center for people living with HIV/AIDS, and I need YOU!
$5,000 can make a HUGE impact...
- Covers a full year of medical supply costs for 200 patients.
- Provides HIV prevention counseling to 600 teens.
- Provides 400 rapid HIV and antibody tests.
AND SO MUCH MORE!
Join me, along with over 45 of my deaerest friends and family who are sponsoring my ride!