May 31-June 6, 2020, I'll be celebrating the past year of fundraising with my community to make a world of difference in the lives of people living with HIV and AIDS even though it won't be on the road to LA. Needs and services do not end with the cancelation of large gatherings like the ride. The beneficiaries are in more dire need of our support now that funding sources are down, their services are being amended to meet new and changing public health directives, and they are being called upon to respond to COVID-19 as infectious disease experts.
Your tax-deductible donation to AIDS/LifeCycle will go directly to the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and Los Angeles LGBT Center to support the services they provide locally, nationally, and internationally. Together we fight stigma, remind people to know their status, and work to end AIDS and infectious disease.
This journey isn't one ventured alone. It's because of you and your generosity that we are able to make a difference. Since 2014, you’ve helped me raise more than $35k for the beneficiaries! This year, during the shelter in place order, I’ve challenged myself to raise $3k.
Looking forward, I intend to break a lifetime fundraising goal of $50k in 2021 which will also be my second and final year as co-captain and the 10th anniversary season of the New Bear Republic.
- because I'm grateful to live at a time when being HIV positive is no longer a death sentence.
- to help dissolve the stigma of HIV/AIDS through visibility, conversation, and education.
- to encourage everyone to get tested (regardless of their sexual orientation) and know their status.
- for my physical and emotional health, as well as the clients serviced at the beneficiaries
- in memory of Edna, Wilma, and Mary - activists whose dedication to an AIDS-free world continues to inspire me.
Together we will make a difference.