For the 6th year in a row, I'm preparing for another monumental journey and I couldn't be more excited! It's not going to be easy, but if it's anything like the past 5 years, it's likely to be, again, one of the most rewarding weeks of my life. And I need your help.
AIDS/LifeCycle often turns cyclists into impassioned and committed advocates - that is exactly what happened to me. From June 2nd to June 8th, 2019, I will ride my bike (again) 545 miles from San Francisco to Los Angeles to support the life-saving services offered by the San Francisco AIDS Foundation in the fight to end HIV/AIDS.
The ride is the single largest source of income for the San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Established in 1982, the Foundation works to radically reduce the number of new infections in San Francisco through education, advocacy and direct services for prevention and care with programs such as:
* Treatments to improve the health of people who are already infected
* Initiatives to keep people from contracting HIV by supporting behavioral changes and reducing high-risk behaviors
* Managing community health clinics
* Specific outreach to communities most vulnerable to the disease
* Assisting low-income people infected to obtain benefits, including housing
* Advocacy on public health policy at the local, state and federal levels
This year, I've committed to raising a minimum of $7,500 before I ride. For this, I need you to join me in my commitment to help end HIV/AIDS. $7,500 will make a world of difference for the Foundation and the clients they serve. As such, I'm asking you to donate as generously as you possibly can (and please help spread the word about this cause).
To the people who rely on these services to survive, every dollar counts, and every dollar brings me one step closer to hitting my goal. Here is what your generous donation can do:
* $25 helps a Financial Benefits counselor assist one person in navigating benefits systems
* $100 provides the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients
* $175 provides case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are marginally housed
* $250 provides ten Rapid HIV Antibody tests to test ten people
* $500 helps 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescription drug assistance
That's why I/we need your help. Your donation today can make a real difference. Your donation can and will change lives! Thank you for your support. Together, we will make a difference.
With lots of gratitude,