I've decided to participate as a cyclist one last time!
From May 31st to June 6th, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center.
The services provided as a result of this event mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me. Let's help those living with HIV/AIDS live longer lives with dignity and let's help raise awareness amongst adolescents because 1 in 4 new HIV infections is amongst youth ages 13-24 and most of them do not know they are infected, are not getting treated, and unknowingly pass the virus to others.
Today, the millions of dollars raised annually by AIDS/LifeCycle participants support these vital services:
* $10,000 covers 3 months of psychosocial case management for 300 patients
* $5,000 covers a full year of laboratory testing for 11 patients
* $1,000 funds one client receiving Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP).
* $250 provides Rapid HIV Antibody tests to 20 clients.
* $100 provides comprehensive HIV/STI testing to one client.
* $30 covers the treatment medication for one client diagnosed with an STI.
* $10 buys 114 condoms that the Health Education and Prevention Program will distribute.
Remember: your donation, any size, makes a BIG difference!
Let's work together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past.
With much gratitude,