I'm excited to be returning to AIDS/LifeCycle along with over 3,000 other Cyclists and Roadies. This 545-mile bike ride on June 2nd-8th from San Francisco to Los Angeles raises funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center.
I volunteered at The Los Angeles LGBT Center for the four years, and I’ve seen firsthand the support the Center provides for people in our community, especially for people that may traditionally be underserved. And as we get through these challenging political climate, the Center’s services become more important.
I’ve lost friends to HIV and AIDS and I’m riding as a living testament to those that can’t ride, and for my loved ones whose lives have been affected by this disease.This year I'm dedicating my ride to Marty and Collin, two of my extended family who loved ALC and who we recently lost.
I’m pledging to do the hard work and training so I can complete the ride, and I’m hoping you will participate alongside me. All the money you donate goes directly to the Centers. Will you support me by making a donation today?
Your donation helps provide the following essential services for prevention and care. Government funding never covers all the costs of expensive HIV/AIDS care, and is this unstable political environment it may cover less then it does now. Your support bridges the gap and provides us the resources to expand critical services and fully serve those in need.
- $50,000 underwrites the cost of comprehensive HIV wraparound services by a case management team for 3 months for 135 patients
- $35,000 funds an HIV Counselor for 1,200 clients per year
- $25,000 covers 5 months of mental health therapy for 28 patients
- $15,000 provides comprehensive sexual health services, including HIV and STD tests, treatment, education, and counseling to 100 clients
- $10,000 covers 3 months of psychosocial case management for 300 patients
- $7,500 provides a nurse for one month to administer STD screening and treatments for 400 clients
- $5,000 covers a full year of laboratory testing for 11 patients
- $1,000 covers a full year of medical supply costs for 40 patients
- $1,000 funds one client receiving Post Exposure Prophylaxis
- $250 provides Rapid HIV Antibody tests to 20 clients
- $180 provides HIV prevention counseling sessions to 20 teenagers
- $150 provides comprehensive HIV/STD testing to 1 client
- $30 covers the treatment medication for 1 client infected with an STD
- $10 buys 114 condoms that the Health Education and Prevention Program will distribute