June 3rd - June 9th, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center.
In a time when much of the country is divided and concerned by what's to come next, it's important for us to find common ground. There are 1.1 million people living with HIV in the United States and shockingly 1 in 7 doesn't know it. The Aids/Lifecycle ride is about bringing awareness to this and helping to diagnose and provide treatment for those living with HIV, through the LGBT Center in Los Angeles and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
I have pledged to raise a minimum $15,000 which will provide;
- Substance use counseling services for more than 250 clients in one month.
- Help HIV-positive persons receive safe and stable housing situations for one month.
- Deliver enough Rapid HIV Antibody tests to test 400 people at Magnet, and other foundation sites.
- Ensures case management for HIV-positive clients who are homeless or at-risk for homelessness.
- Provides 60,000 syringes through Syringe Access Services.
Now comes the time where I ask for your help. We’re working together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past. Will you support me by making a donation today?