From May 31st – June 6th, I will ride 545 miles on my bicycle, along with 3,000 cyclists, roadies, and virtual cyclists from San Francisco to Los Angeles. I'm riding to raise awareness and fundraise so the Los Angeles LGBT Center and San Francisco AIDS Foundation are able to provide health services to those in need.
This will be my second AIDS/LifeCycle! I will be riding with team Hot Wheels again! My experience with AIDS/LifeCycle in 2019 was a transformative life event. I signed up immediately after the ride was over.
Last year, I raised $4,511! Overall, AIDS/LifeCycle 2019 raised $16.8 million! It was a record-breaking year. Your donation towards my ride, means more to me than you could even imagine.
This year, my goal to raise $5,000!
Why I ride...
I ride for everyone who is currently living with, or affected by HIV/ AIDS.
I ride to commemorate and remember all the lives we have lost, and continue to lose due to this epidemic.
I ride to raise awareness.
I ride for our youth, to educate them about HIV/AIDS.
I ride to end stigma, because we are human first, and a diagnosis does not define anyone.
I ride because I believe that healthcare is a right.
According to the CDC in the United States:
- In 2017, gay and bisexual men accounted for 66% of all HIV diagnoses, and 69% of those diagnosed were people of color.
- Young people are the most likely to be unaware of their infection. Among people aged 13-24 with HIV, an estimated 51% didn’t know.
- An estimated 1,122,900 adults and adolescents were living with HIV at the end of 2015. Of those 15% had not received a diagnosis.
What $5,000 can do…
- Covers a full year of medical supply costs for 200+ patients.
- Funds 5 clients receiving PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis) to prevent HIV infection after potential exposure.
- Provides HIV prevention counseling to 600+ teens.
- Provides 400+ rapid HIV and antibody tests.
Is a fully supported, 7 day, 545-mile bike ride from SF to LA. The event raises awareness about the ongoing HIV/AIDS epidemic and funds services such as HIV testing, prevention, care, and much more. Since 1993, when the Ride began as a for-profit event called “California AIDS Ride”, participants have raised more than $200 million and completed more than 42,000 journeys on bikes from SF to LA.
AIDS/LifeCycle benefits, and is jointly produced by, San Francisco AIDS Foundation (Tax ID # 94-2927405) and Los Angeles LGBT Center (Tax ID # 95-3567895), each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Donations to AIDS/LifeCycle are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law. When donating to AIDS/LifeCycle, your dollars are directed immediately to one of the Center or foundation’s life-saving programs.