Thank you for joining me in this cause!
June 2nd - June 8th, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. This year, I’ll be one of them!
One of my 2019 resolutions is Devote time and energy to doing better for myself and others. And as such, I've made my participation in this year's Lifecycle as part of my personal resolution.
The services provided as a result of this event mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me.
ANY DONATION AMOUNT IS WELCOME AND GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!
However, for those who would like to see more of a breakdown of services, here's a little more info about how your money will directly help the cause:
In the US alone there are over a million people living with an HIV+ status and many still contracting the disease without even knowing it. One way we can help is through educating people on safe sex practices and encouraging people to get tested regularly and knowing their status!
- A $25 DONATION provides a Rapid HIV Antibody test at Magnet (a free community clinic located in the heart of San Francisco's Castro's district)! Tragically over 75% of the HIV+ people in the US are living at or below the poverty line making access to life-saving medication near impossible.
- A $125 DONATION can provide all the resources for one patient visit to Magnet. Another constant struggle for those affected is the horrible stigma that surrounds the disease and that we as a society perpetuate. Let's spread facts, not fear!
- A $500 DONATION will provide medical benefit counseling for 15 people which will allow them to obtain perscription drug assistance.
- A $625 DONATION can provie a safe and stable housing situation for one HIV+ person for an entire month thanks to a partnership between the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
- A $1,000 DONATION can put on two Stop AIDS Community Education Forums to help educate the masses about HIV/AIDS.
We’re working together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past. Will you support me by making a donation today?