Thank you for joining me in this cause!
On June 2-8, over 3,000 cyclists and supporters will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. This year, I’ll be one of them!
The services provided as a result of this event mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me.
We’re working together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past. Will you support me by making a donation today?
Why am I doing this?
I love a good challenge, especially one that helps me overcome my fears and makes the world a better place. Being a hardcore cyclist always seemed intimidating, but with the help of the community, I've learned to:
- - Ride a road bike for hours at a time
- - Change large and small gears to optimize energy
- - Appreciate the hidden treasures of nature and the urban realm
- - All this while successfully wearing spandex
I want to do something great for society that will make a lasting impact. Let's end the AIDS epidemic together!
My Training Progress:
I only started using a road bike in late March. Here's where I am so far:
- March 31: 31 miles from SF Presidio to San Rafael
- April 6: 70 miles from Sunnyvale to Milpitas
- May 5: 39 miles from SF Presidio to Fairfax
- May 11: 63 miles from SF Presidio to Nicasio
How will your dollars impact the community?
Proceeds help the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and Los Angeles LGBT Center provide life-saving health services, which include:
- Providing free HIV/AIDS medical care, testing, and prevention services
- Physical and mental health services
- Social services, housing, counseling, and education assistance
- Programs to generate advocacy and reduce stigma for those affected with HIV/AIDS