First, thank you for taking the time to read about my/our journey and for any donation, which is greatly appreciated.
I have known quite a few riders from previous years, and I have always admired the sacrifice they have made to help to raise money for HIV/AIDS services. One day at spin class I was asked why don’t sign up for the ride and help out. That lead to a sleepless night with my mind ponding if that is even possible for me at this point in my life. I have always felt passionately about this, but wasn’t sure where, or how to help. So, while on my lunch break the next day I registered. After I received the email that I was registered I started to panic. Afterall, I did not even know how to ride a road bike, and I did not even own one. The next day after an intense spin class I asked my wife if we could go look at bikes… again.
The bike has arrived, and the training has begun! I have so many mixed emotions when it comes to this ride, but this is nothing compared to those who have been affected. Working in healthcare for over 15 years, I have seen those suffering from this disease. Struggles I have seen are so often due to lack of funds to pay for either the medications or the much-needed healthcare.
Well, the ride was cancelled for the past two years let’s roll! New year means a new ride. Excited to still be a rookie for this great cause.
To qualify for the ride, I am obligated to raise $3,000.00 I have set a personal goal of $5,000.00 to help out as much as possible. This donation is also a tax-deductible. Again, I cannot thank you enough for any donations that can be made. Help us in the fight to end HIV/AIDS.
What have we got ourselves into?
From May 31st to June 6th, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. This year, I’ll be one of them! My participation number is 2932
Tax Breaks Info:
AIDS/LifeCycle benefits, and is jointly produced by, San Francisco AIDS Foundation (Tax ID # 94-2927405) and the Los Angeles LGBT Center (Tax ID # 95-3567895), each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Donations to AIDS/LifeCycle fundraising pages are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
What your donation does:
• $10,000 helps provide counseling services for more than 250 clients.
• $5,000 helps keep the HIV testing RV rolling for one year.
• $2,500 helps four HIV-positive people receive stable housing for one month.
• $1,000 helps provide two Community Education Forums where 150 individuals can learn more about HIV.
• $250 helps provide ten rapid HIV antibody tests at a testing site.
• $175 helps provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless.
• $150 helps provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Services.
• $100 helps provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, provide moral support, and help clients advocate for themselves.
• $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems.
• $10 helps provide 143 condoms to the SFAF and LA LGBT Center's service sites.
CRYSTAL KELTON #3625