From May 31st to June 6th, I will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a beautiful 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center.
After learning about the ride and seeing such an incredible community devoted to each other and to this goal, I decided to join in 2020. I ride to end HIV/AIDS. I ride for those living with HIV/AIDs, and for those who are no longer with us.
I've set a goal to raise over $5,000, all of which will go toward the fight to end HIV/AIDS. The funds go toward increasing access to resources, improving community awareness of HIV/AIDS, and supporting organizations that are working hard each day to support those affected.
So what is the impact of your donation?
* $10,000 helps provide counseling services for over 250 clients.
* $5,000 helps keep the HIV mobile testing unit rolling for one year so that over 2,000 folks can be tested and counseled, who may not otherwise have access to care.
* $2,500 helps provide case management for 200 HIV positive clients who are homeless or at risk for homelessness.
* $1,000 helps 30 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescription drug assistance
* $250 helps provide ten rapid HIV antibody tests at a testing site.
* $150 helps provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Services.
* $100 helps provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, provide moral support, and help clients advocate for themselves.
* $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems.
The services provided as a result of this event mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me. Any amount you are able to donate is greatly appreciated! Can you donate today?
**If your employers match donations, check before donating and use Federal Tax ID# 94-2927405 (SF AIDS Foundation) for matching gifts and designate "LifeCycle - Rosa Yu #2992."