From May 31st to June 6th, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. This year, I’ll be one of them - for my first time!
As a new transplant to San Francisco, I joined this cause to become closer to my community. The services provided as a result of this event mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me.
100% of your proceeds will go directly to the cause; no fine print. I will personally fund my fees and logistics.
Thank you for making a difference with your donation.
What about company matching?
Glad you asked. PLEASE check if your employer provides donation matching BEFORE making your donation. Your dollars can go twice+ as far! https://www.aidslifecycle.org/matching-gifts
OR you can Venmo me at @himichellemarie where I can donate on your behalf for a Salesforce 1:1 match.
Why fundraise for AIDS?
With 50k+ new infections every year in the US alone, the fight against AIDS is far from a thing of the past! The San Francisco AIDS Foundation and Los Angeles LGBTCenter save lives through their work in prevention and care, and by raising funds and riding I save lives too.
Specifically, where does my donation go?
* $1,000 helps provide two Community Education Forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV.
* $150 helps provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Services.
* $100 helps provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, provide moral support, and help clients advocate for themselves.
* $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private/public benefits systems.
* $10 helps provide 143 condoms to the SFAF and LA LGBT Center's service sites.